GUR-501 is first-in-class innovative drug candidate generated by our Prostaglandin & Nitric Oxide research platform for the treatment of asthma, COPD and COVID-19 pneumonia. This molecule is prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) modified by unique Nitric Oxide donor.
New set of targets
- EP4 receptor for PGЕ2
- EP2 receptor for PGЕ2
- Soluble guanylyl cyclase for NO-releasing moiety.
Mechanism of action
GUR 501 relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi and has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect in the lung tissue.
The only effective drug for chronic patients
Chronical patients lose receptor sensitivity to existing Asthma and COPD medications due to very long-term use of these drugs. As our molecule is endogenous, its efficiency does not drop with long term use. So, GUR-501 can be the only effective drug for those patients who lost a therapeutic response to the existing bronchodilators.
Advantages for COVID-19 pneumonia
- Strong anti-inflammatory activity in the lung tissue
- Neutrophilic activity suppression in the lung tissue
- Cytokine storm suppression in the lung tissue
- Clot formation prevention in the lung vessels